May 4: Family Help Day, 9am-12pm, Come help us clean our yard!
May 9: Mother’s Day Tea, 10-10:45
May 27- No School! Happy Memorial Day!
Please RSVP to your child’s teacher for the Mother’s Day Tea!
Please include adequate protein in your child’s lunch each day!
Help Your Preschooler Gain Self-Control
When asked about school readiness skills, many teachers say children who succeed in kindergarten know when and how to control their impulses. They can follow through when a task is difficult and listen to directions for a few minutes. These skills are linked to self-control. Children can develop them at preschool and at home. Here are a few ways families can help children learn self-control.
Change the rules of a game to make it an opposite game. For example, instead of playing the familiar version of Simon Says, play Simon Doesn’t Say. Explain the new rule in words and actions: “Do the opposite of what Simon asks you to do. If Simon Says ‘Touch your head,’ you should touch your toes.” Be sure to demonstrate how this works. Keep directions simple. Take turns being Simon.
Read More at: https://www.naeyc.org/our-work/families/help-your-preschooler-gain-self-control
A message from Alice: My pleasures are my family, friends, garden, home and my cat! I look forward to each day for the joy, care and inspiration from colleagues and children. I am grateful for each day- for the bright sunshine, the stars up above, the wind, the rain, and the trees that I love; the mountains, the sky, the sea and the sand. Ain’t it grand!?
“Part pizza, part quesadilla, this snack sandwiches cheese, sauce and toppings between two flour tortillas. My kids have fun cutting the finished pie into slices like a traditional pizza.”
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 (1 ounce) slices cooked deli turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- Place one tortilla on a sheet of waxed paper sized to fit in your microwave. Spoon 2 tablespoons each of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses over the tortilla. Cover the cheese with turkey slices. Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce over the turkey, and top with 1 tablespoon each tomatoes, black olives, and green peppers. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses, and place second tortilla on top. Place on a microwave-safe plate, and cover with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cook on High in microwave until the cheese melts, about 1 1/2 minutes. Allow to cool 2 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Recipe courtesy allrecipes.com